Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Let's Cut To The Chase

I guess, I just never really like posting personal stuff so I get stressed out about this and just want to finish it.

So basically, sem. 1 this year was hectic. And I mean Really! Not just my usual hectic either. It seems that there's more assignments, which I had to run around to complete. And there's 2-3 tests forthnightly, on the same days. I was very stressed out and exhausted. Strangely, I enjoyed it more than Sem. 2 last year. The results? Hmm, It's not as high as I want them to be nor are they that bad. But I was a bit disappointed because I reckoned I had worked harder this time. It was an improvement from last sem.'s though. So I learnt not to beat myself up too much over this. And if God blesses me, I may have some good news soon. Please pray for me YY. ;> The annoying thing is that my bro's whining abt his 'lousy' results(oh puhleese! I'd be happy to get his results!It was admitedly not as good as before but still pretty good.) and my Mum's 'encouraging' smses make me feel worse. Sigh. Oh well, family! To steal a saying "Can't live with 'em, Can't live without them."

But that's over and done with.

NOW! I want to gloat a bit. Mwhahahha. I went for "The Dark Knight" premier yesterday and *drumroll* it wasn't so bad. My bro loves it of course. But it's more violent, much more, and gets a bit more gory than "Batman Begins". I was shocked into screaming a few times. You know that short bursts of loud squealing and gasping when somebody 'boo!' you in the dark. So yeah, and after watching it, i have my own theory as to why Heath Ledger died. Till now, I'm not sure what's the final consensus of his cause of death. Drug overdose was it? But anyway, there's an earlier allegation that he got a bit too stressed out and went mentally unbalanced and committed suicide. Well, let's just say he plays 'joker' too well. So I won't give any spoiler unless if you personally asked me to. But yeah great night out with the bro.

Oh, can I add that, although Christian Bale was looking pretty hot, my fave characters are the butler (is his name Alfred?) and Lucius Fox (played by Morgan Freeman). There's just something about Mr. Freeman there that's so captivating. He just exudes charisma. And he's quite funny too. Maggie Gylenhall(not sure of spelling) as Rachel is a bit strange, especially because I just watched Batman begins on TV 2 days ago. Not strange in the acting department, but more like she seems more mature and more suitable as a D.A( in that harder , more cynical stereotype way) than Katie Holmes> But it's hard to reconcile the two of them as the same 'Rachel'.

How do I get the tix?

I won a radio competition! Lucky me =). But I'm so so stupid not to take any pic of the invitation.Arghhh!I'm still kicking myself in the head over this. It was this cool silvery card, perhaps the size of half an A4 paper with Batman symbol and pic on one side, and the words "(The company, I forgot the name, Warner Bros?)and (the name of radio station) proudly invite you to a preview screening of "The Dark Knight"...". Dude, this proves that listening to radio early in the morning (around 5am onwards) pays off.

In case you are wondering what was I doing waking up so early during the hols. I had been working early mornings so my body clock made me sleep early and wake up early. And the weather being so cold, I like to snuggle in bed, reading for some time, instead of getting up and about immediately. And that's when I thought why not lsiten to the morning broadcast. Wonderful! But I joined the competition online though. Save me the phone bill. Oh, the question of the competition was "If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?" Hehehe.. My answer...is for me to know and for you to find out. The super power is the usual suspect but my reasoning is a bit unexpected, even if I say so myself.

Ok, that's pretty much it I guess. I'm going home soon.Getting pretty tired because I was up since 7+am for work. But pleasantly tired. If only I could feel like this everyday instead of being unhappily tired. Ciao!

Love, the colour purple

No comments: