The title has 2 meanings.
1.It's about time I update
2.It's the answer to YY's query as to what the poem is abt( partly).
So, as I guess that not many people understand it, I'll give a little explanation. 7th. Ave. Local (hereby referred to as 7th.) is based on a photograph on the same name. You can try searching it on the net. 7th.'s also based on my own knowledge of the place/setting (i.e New York, in the old times) and my imagination of what can happen in such place a long time ago.
As this is an assignment, I have to include the criteria that I was asked:to 'imagine being in the place with a hidden microphone and listening to the conversation that takes place' . The conversation included is where the twist lies. You have to read them carefully and imagine the bizarre and weird things that can happen in a place right in middle of arts, entertainment,fashion and business hubs and,most importantly,red-light district .
I'm not gonna tell you everything coz I want you to interpret it your own way and I want to see if you guess correctly. Tell me what you think 7th. is about and I'll tell you whether you understand what I'm trying to convey.
7th. is what my tutor called a narrative poem although I intended it to be a prose poem. And I wrote with a crime/mystery/detective novel genre in mind. I wanted 7th to be the 1st of a few other poems that continue as a series of stories. But I couldn't because of the words limit.
And as I mentioned earlier, the first few lines are about time and the way it passes just like that. Because the narrator is 7th. itself (the street), I wanted to write from it's point of view and how it sees time and the activities around him. It's quite hard to explain this part, but I always find the scene of how time passes in movies fascinating. So I want to try to make the lines to be like a movie reel. I hope you get what I mean.
So that's about as much as I can explain without giving away the twist. Do guess and tell me okay? Would love to hear what you think.
Love, the colour purple.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment